One users timesheet not processing

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Hi All

I'm fairly sure it's something simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have one of my users whose timesheet will not process through autostatus plus.  The user is a little unusual as previously it was handled as a generic user without a PWA Timesheet, but has now been updated to use the PWA Timesheet system.  The timesheet side works as expected, the user can create their timesheet and can see all their assignments.  The timesheet will process properly in PWA but fails when it gets to autostatusplus.  Examining the tsAutoStatusPlusData table, the timesheets now continually fail every minute or so.

I have compared the users rights and groups with a similar user to ensure that they had the same permissions and groups, which of course they do.  I even added the user to the Admin group to see if that would help, but of course it made no difference at all.

Thinking it may be down to the windows user associated with the account, I changed it to one that I knew worked, but this made no difference either.

If you have any thoughts about what I might check to resolve this issue I would be most grateful.

John Holding